It’s a fact: overwhelmingly, the majority of older adults long to age at home instead of facing a move to an assisted living facility or nursing home. Home is where they’ve created a lifetime of memories, where they can relax and be themselves, where everything is familiar and comforting. However, aging brings with it a number of issues that can make living at home unsafe: physical concerns such as chronic diseases and frailty, or cognitive functioning difficulties, to name just a few.
Although it may seem when issues such as these take hold that remaining at home is no longer an option, take heart – home care is a viable option for many seniors, through professional in-home care agencies like Innovative Senior Solutions. Here’s why we strongly recommend home care for older adults:
- Typically, seniors enjoy a much greater level of overall wellbeing when given the opportunity to age at home.
- Senior home care enhances comfort, independence and dignity.
- Research shows that patients are able to heal quicker at home than in a hospital or nursing home, and are much less likely to require a re-hospitalization.
- Home care benefits both the senior and his or her family, allowing for more involvement in the older adult’s care.
- Care can be personalized to each person’s unique needs when provided in a one-on-one setting in the home.
- Home care allows the senior to receive the highest quality care, since there’s no need to wait for care as in a nursing home or other long-term care institution.
- Meals can be prepared according to the senior’s unique likes, dislikes, and dietary restrictions by a professional in-home caregiver.
- A caregiver can assist with ensuring the senior engages in an ongoing exercise program, providing encouragement by participating with the senior.
- There’s simply no comparison to the comfort and security of being at home.
- Seniors are able to enjoy activities and events outside of the home with the assistance of an in-home caregiver’s transportation and accompaniment services.
To learn more about how professional in-home care can help your senior loved ones live a higher quality of life at home, contact Innovative Senior Solutions’ Cordele GA home care team at 866-928-3670. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and to schedule a free in-home consultation to share more about our Albany home care services and how they can enhance safety, alleviate isolation, and restore joy.