Did you know that by 2030 all baby boomers will be 65 years of age or older? With more than 71 million baby boomers, this means that in under a decade, 1 in 5 U.S. residents will be of retirement age. This vast population of older adults will have a variety of age-specific needs that will impact all industries, but perhaps none as profoundly as the senior care industry. The increased population will place a renewed focus on long-term care options for seniors, increasing the demand for residential personal care homes.
Residential Personal Care Homes: Meeting a Growing Demand
Because of this upcoming shift in the demographics of the population, if you’re considering opening a residential personal care home, there is no better time than now to make the commitment. Both a rewarding and profitable endeavor, owning your own residential personal care home business provides you with an opportunity to make a profound impact on seniors and their families in your local community.
When opening a residential personal care home business, you’re faced with a choice — launching an independent startup or buying into a franchise. If you’re new to the aging care industry, a franchise may seem like a good option, helping to navigate an industry where you lack familiarity. However, for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, a franchise can feel restrictive and there are a variety of initial investment costs that can make the endeavor cost prohibitive.
Innovative Senior Solutions: A Partner in Success
Innovative Senior Solutions offers professional consulting services to help independent residential personal care home startups hit the ground running. Tapping into our experience as an established senior care business, we can help you lay a foundation for success by:
- Anticipating needs. From human resources to capital resources, there are a number of complexities involved in finding an ideal property and hiring and training the right staff
- Navigating local and statewide compliance requirements. As operators of licensed and fully compliant residential personal care homes in both private pay and Medicaid models, we understand compliance and can help you to structure and build your business for success
- Building your brand and driving sales. We provide guidance on how to identify and articulate what sets your new business apart from the competition and integrate those differentiators into results-driven sales and marketing efforts
- Implementing proven back-office systems. Utilize real-world tested policies and procedures to establish systems that maximize quality of care and increase efficiencies
- Overcoming roadblocks. Engage in regular coaching sessions, ongoing educational opportunities and a supportive members-only network to help your business grow and thrive.
With over a decade of experience in the senior care industry, Innovative Senior Solutions was launched in 2007 as the first licensed home care provider in Sumter County, Georgia and has since gone on to exponentially grow in personal care homes and adult day care facilities. Founded by two registered nurses, Innovative Senior Solutions brings a deep level of expertise, experience and knowledge in caring for older adults, health care management and entrepreneurship. Shaped by personal experiences in caring for a loved one, the team at Innovative Senior Solutions understands the passion and drive necessary to own and manage successful residential personal care homes.
If you’re interested in getting more information about how Innovative Senior Solutions’ consulting services can be your partner in success, reach out today and schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation appointment. We’d love the opportunity to learn more about your business plans and goals, and help you map a plan for success.