Searching for home care in Albany GA or the surrounding area? Open up the classified ads of your local paper and you’re bound to come across them: people promising to care for your senior loved one at a very low rate. Although it may be tempting to cut costs and seek out senior caregivers on your own, there are some key reasons why it’s always better to work through a reputable senior care company. Here are just a few:
- A professional senior care company takes time to painstakingly check references, run background screenings, look into driving history, and oversee care for each of their clients. When hiring a caregiver through a classified ad, none of these steps are taken, unless you’re able to run the background checks on your own, leaving your senior loved one at risk for financial fraud, emotional or physical abuse, and more.
- Professional senior care company caregivers receive initial orientation and ongoing training to ensure they’re providing the highest possible level of care and are always on top of the latest best practices. They’re also monitored on a regular basis, so that if any changes or extra training are needed, they can be implemented. With an independent caregiver, it can be difficult to verify what, if any, care training he or she has.
- Although it may not be widely known, hiring a caregiver yourself means that you are considered that caregiver’s employer, and as such, are responsible for income taxes, worker’s compensation, Social Security payments, etc. You are also liable for any injuries or damage that may occur to the caregiver or his/her property. A professional senior care company that hires its caregivers, like Innovative Senior Solutions, handles all applicable taxes, insurance, and liability so that none of that burden falls on your family.
- What happens when an independently-hired caregiver becomes sick, takes a vacation, or has family obligations that interrupt his/her ability to provide care? With a professional senior care company, backup care is provided, so you’re never left scrambling to find replacement care.
- Hiring a caregiver independently means that any oversight and/or disciplinary actions are your responsibility. If the caregiver is late, if there’s a dispute about hours worked, if the senior complains of an issue with the caregiver, it’s up to you to try to correct the situation. With a professional senior care company, caregivers are well supervised and all disciplinary action is handled by management so that you can focus on helping your loved ones receive the care and attention they need.
At Innovative Senior Solutions of Georgia, we know you have a number of options when it comes to choosing senior caregivers, and it can quickly become overwhelming to try to discern the best possible choice for your loved one. We invite you to contact us to discover how we can alleviate the stress by taking care of all the details involved in selecting the perfect caregiver, allowing you to focus on spending quality time with your loved one. If you’re searching for home care Albany GA families count on, call us any time at 866-928-3670 to learn more.